Akasha's Journey is awarding high school junior and senior students who will be working with marginalized populations, scholarships to advance their education in Complementary and Alternative Healing Modalities.
- These scholarships are intended to support those who are interested in advancing their Holistic Healing education, but may not have the financial means. These scholarships are also intended to support under-served, under-represented demographics by encouraging more young adults to choose paths of healing themselves and their communities.
- Limited to Reiki, Crystal Healing, Integrated Energy Therapy, or Herbalism classes.
- Classes must be taken at Akasha's Journey in Amenia.
- There are some classes that may also offer online tracks.
- Up to two Reiki Level 1 through 2 scholarships will be awarded per year.
- Up to one Crystal Healing Certification scholarships will be awarded per year.
- Up to one Integrated Energy Therapy Basic Level scholarships will be awarded per year.
- Up to one Herbalism Certification scholarship will be awarded per year.
- Applications are due before June 1st.
- Applications for classes that start before the application due date will not be considered.
Scholarships provide one of the following.
- Up to US $200 scholarship toward Reiki Level 1, Reiki Level 2, or Crystal Healing Certification
- Up to US $100 scholarship toward Integrated Energy Therapy Basic Level Certification
- Up to US $300 scholarship toward the Science & Art of Herbalism Certification Course
- Work study available to subsidize class balance if applicable.
(Class details listed here)
- Limited to one scholarship per year per person.
- Awardees must advise Akasha's Journey the specifics of the class they intend to take.
- Award will be paid directly to the organization or instructor; the awardee is responsible for paying the balance of the class tuition.
- Cash will not be awarded and awards cannot be given or sold to others.
- Recipients must take and complete their class, within one year or forfeit the award.
- New applications may be submitted during later scholarship award cycles, if not selected.
The program is open to US residents at least 16 years of age.
Applications must be filled out completely.
Applications are submitted online.
Applicants will be notified of decision within 4 weeks following the application deadline.
These scholarships are made possible by our generous donors. Many donors are interested in learning how this program is benefiting students and the community. We ask each scholarship recipient to write a letter within 2 months after completing their class outlining their progress in their chosen modality, and how they are using this modality to benefit their community. Individual identities will not be disclosed. This will allow an opportunity to let our past and future donors know how valuable their contributions are in realizing our dream of bringing Healing into every home.
Applications will be evaluated by a committee of 2-3 experienced Complementary and Alternative Healing practitioners. The application's essay questions are designed to inform the Scholarship Committee of the applicants need for financial aid, why Healing is important to the applicant, how they will use their new skills and their commitment to continue their studies.
We do not discriminate based on race, religion, or gender identity.
Applications are kept confidential within the Scholarship Committee.
The decision of the Scholarship Committee is final